My Sc400 Install Thread

And here are the gold tipped, insulated, and color-coded female fittings used for the speaker wire to go onto the SS's terminals:

ScanSpeakWire.JPG

ScanSpeakWire2.JPG

Here are the RCA's I used for the install. The main run is a stereo pair of Tara Labs Prism 3A's to the RF 3Sixty.2. After the 3Sixty.2 it goes to AudioMagic solid silver RCA's and Y-splitters. :D

RCAs2.JPG

And here are the SS's installed and the door panels put back on after being modified by Brandon:

SSInstalled.JPG

SSInstalled3.JPG

And before anyone says anything negative: YES there will be custom grilles made to cover up the mids at a later date.

Test fitting the sub enclosure, sanding, and the amp rack (notice the use of beer ;)):

Sanding.JPG

Sanding2.JPG

SubEnclosure.JPG

SubEnclosure2.JPG

SubEnclosure3.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've done some more work on the Lexus recently. :)

I'll start with the remote progress.

I first took the volume control out of the car and started dissecting it and the 3sixty's remote. You can see from these pics how I just tore apart the volume control section of the volume control, as I need the climate part to control the HVAC in my car.

remote.jpg

The volume control came apart pretty easy, but I was really hesitant to snip the tiny little circuit board traces and/or connections out of old habbit. However, the volume control wasn't going to be used ever again in this car and you can buy used assembly's on ebay for cheap.

remote2.jpg

remote3.jpg

The metal "spider" carrier had to have the middle hole hogged out to accept the 3sixty's knob, but other than that the unit fit right up to it. Thankfully RF supplied extra nuts and washers to attach the remote to another face so I used that to secure the remote to the board.

remote4.jpg

remote5.jpg

And then I noticed that the shaft of the 3sixty remote BARELY fit inside the white plastic housing. What that meant was I couldn't drill a hole in the factory black extension to go over the 3sixty's knob. So what I had to do was sand down the factory plastic shaft and make a tiny blade so it would fit inside the 3sixty's slot.

And then I noticed that the shaft of the 3sixty remote BARELY fit inside the white plastic housing. What that meant was I couldn't drill a hole in the factory black extension to go over the 3sixty's knob. So what I had to do was sand down the factory plastic shaft and make a tiny blade so it would fit inside the 3sixty's slot.

I also had to cut slots in the outter housing to accept the 3sixty's board and also cut a hole in the back of the unit to accept the new remote's board.

remote6.jpg

remote7.jpg

But now it all works! The old volume control now controls the subwoofer level of my system!!!

And now for the false floor section.

I initially cut out a piece of wood that would fit over the two supports on either side of the subwoofers that was all one piece. However, you have to hinge it in order for it to fit inside the vehicle. So I took the solid piece and cut it on one end to make a hinge.

I had my sign guy print me up a Lexus logo and then I used that logo to trace out the Lexus emblem on the piece of wood. After some jig saw work, I had a Lexus logo in the middle of the piece of wood. :)

I bought carpet from Parts Express that was/is pretty close to my original carpet color and cut it out using the factory floor piece as a template. I then put the pice of wood on top of the carpet for a test fit.

floorweb.jpg

The blue tape is to outline the edges of the wood so when I put contact adhesive down I don't go overboard. I then coated the wood and the carpet with contact adhesive and put the two pieces together.

After that, I stapled the carpet to the back side of the board and then followed it up by stretching grille cloth around the Lexus logo opening.

floor5.jpg

floor2web.jpg

floor6web.jpg

floor3web.jpg

Install looks good. Can you give a list of what you used (brand/size/etc) What is the time frame on trim? What are you looking to use?

The front's are Scan Speak Revelator 7" mids and Morel MDT-12 1" neo tweets. The HU is an Eclipse 7500 mkII. I run Tara Labs Spectrum 1A interconnects back to the RF 3sixty.2. From there I ran AudioMagic solid siver interconnects to the four amplifiers. The amplifiers are two Sundown Audio 50.4's on the fronts and two Sundown Audio 1000D's on the subs. The subs are Stereo Integrity Mag v4 subwoofers. And that's about it.

I just made the false floor last week and I'm going to start on flush mounting the amps pretty soon. I'll update this thread with any/all progress.

Hello I'm new to the forum. I have a question about your install. I've been looking everywhere for this info great post!! Where exactly did you run the power wire? I know you said you had to drill a hole but where? Thanks in advance.