Xm Radio Questions On 2005 Ls430

ghostman

Hello Lexus Owners Club Members:

Hope I do this right as this is my first post. I have an 2005 LS430 that someone had on a lease in another state. My version is the Modern Luxury package. I am a current XM customer on another vehicle. I need some advice! Does anyone know how to check for a previous XM hookup? I could use some step by step instructions. I have the old antenna for a traditional XM hookup not sure if this can be used or where to plug it in, or if some sort of upgraded shaerk fin is required. I am speculating that the Nav/Radio unit maybe pre-wired for XM or if there might be a way to check to see if prior owner had XM and then it was disconnected when the car was sold to the dealer in my state.... I have a friend that talks like he know but often doesn't that said Lexus would be glad to "flip the switch" to allow XM acess for $800 or so...

Lots of questions does anybody have some advise as to how to check this out?

Thanks,

Ghostman

What happens when you push the SAT button on the radio??

There is a separate module that must be installed for satellite radio.

If you can hear the XM preview channel, then you have the module.

If not, then you probably do not.

Vaistech has a less expensive solution than the Lexus dealer.

Tom

iF You go to SAT and it says UPLOADING then you have the reciever module, you just don't have the subscription to XM...

Go to channel 000 and it will tell you your receivever ID...You can then call XM and get a subscription

If you don't have channel 000 then you don't have the receiver module and you will need to purchase it....

Your NAV system already has inputs and is XM ready..

XM is all I listen to in my LS ... BPM station 081