Turn Signal Assistance

PhillyKorean

Hey guys thanks again for the advice.

I have some problems with the turn signal.

I cannot find the flasher relay anywhere. I was looking in the engine bay where all the other relays were, and they all have like either 2 or 4, or 6 prong relays and I don't know without checking the thing the relay is for to know which relay does what.

I pulled a few out and put back in, but it is confusing on how to find all the relays

I went to autozone and pepboys and they both told me that the flasher relay was a 3 prong relay with two that are parallel to each other and one prong that it perpendicular.

I was looking in the engine bay and I couldn't find the three prong relays anywhere

I went back to pepboys and autozone and advance auto and they insist that it is a three prong relay. I can't find where it is located. I even looked at the fuse box.

I think I accidently touched another fuse or relay because the brake indicater on the dash guages lights up and stays on even when the emergency brake is not put on.

This lexus is giving me a headache and I have yet to actually drive it on public streets.

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE before I go crazy. :censored:

Here is what the Autozone.com repair site says for location of flasher relay for 1992 LS400:

"Front seating area, driver side, under dash, driver side of steering column, mounted in convenience center "

I may be hallucinating but I'm thinking that the flasher relay is on the back side of the fuse box under the dash and that the fuse box has to be dropped to get to it. Am I crazy, guys?

If you have not already done it, inspect the wires in the left trunk hinge to see if any are broken. If any are broken, splice in small lengths of wire to repair any broken or cracked ones. Broken wires in the left trunk hinge can cause all sorts of dash light and transmission shifting issues. The wires in the hinge usually start breaking after about ten years.