Ahc Operation

thlsu

I am a new LX470 owner and new to the forum. I would appreciate some help on some immediate questions:

Is there a way to "lock" the AHC in low for improved stability, etc. during highway use?

Also, I am sure this has been asked, but what is the cheapest way to obtain a second master key.

Thanks in advance.

2004 LX470

There is a way but I do not recommend running LO mode on the highway. When the AHC is in LO, there is little suspension up travel, as well as a change in alignment settings. A single bump while on an on/off ramp could be dangerous. When lowering a vehicle's ride height, it is usually best to increase the suspension spring rates along with matched shocks.

Is there a way to "lock" the AHC in low for improved stability, etc. during highway use?

No the system is designed to go into N when it starts moving. One CAN adjust all four height sensors so that N is really Low, but then that results in always running LOW RIDER, with out of whack front suspension camber. leading to rapid inside edge wear.

There are some aftermarket modules that electronically force the AHC to remain in H/N/L like the BBlanks ($150), the one at sleeoffroad (I think < $100), or the deluxe JDM models that allow one to raise/lower the front/rear independently in 10mm increments (about $500). Keep in mind that the front alignment is for the N setting, so anything else will change the alignment and can lead to abnormal tire wear.