Bluetooth Retrofit For 2004 Gx470

Jarratt

You might try searching the GX subforums on this and other Lexus forums for "Bluetooth". I just did a search of GX forums and didn't find examples of where someone integrated a Bluetooth add-on kit into their 04 GX nav screen.

I found a number of threads where people added standalone Bluetooth kits to their 04 vehicles. Here is one: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;hl=Bluetooth

There are lots of good Bluetooth kits from a variety of companies including Nokia, Motorola and Parrot. It is not all that difficult to hook up a Bluetooth or other phone kit so that at least it mutes the radio when a call is in progress. While most phone kits can be rigged up to play the phone call audio through a radio speaker, many people take the easy route (like me) and just add an external speaker under the dash. Audio quality of an external speaker is just fine.

Not that it is the best Bluetooth kit, but I've always been impressed that Lexus and Toyota dealers in Europe and the U.K. sell the Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth kit as an official accessory. Over there, the IHF1000 dash mounted control unit even has a Lexus or Toyota logo and the kit is available with an optional charging cradle with interchangeable inserts for powering and supplying an external antenna connection to a variety of popular Bluetooth phones.