Airbag Ligth On

ficklemale

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem, I am going to first inspect all the components to see if there is something disconnected, there is a very detailed procedure for diagnosing the srs. This is on a used car that I am slowly getting back on the step. Today I finally got the instrument cluster working correctly. The previous owner/s had disabled the CEL, Airbag, and ABS light by smashing them, then putting them back in the cluster. So now I have full functionality, and three fault displays... oh well, guess I gotta pull some codes and diagnose what is wrong. So if you have an FSM, (see the sticky), follow the procedures, from what I read tonite, (96 pages) a solid light means a mal. has occured and an error has been stored. You can clear the error code and see what happens, but with a potentional problem in the srs, I would like to know what the code is.....visions of driving down the hiway with the aibag deploying unexpectedly makes me kinda nervous....as does the Idea that it may not deploy when needed. When I bought the car I used carfax to check for any issues, none reported... but as I have been restoring the car, I have not only found lots of really shoddy workmanship, but deciet and evidence of parts being changed, lots of yellow paint on things like struts, suspension parts, etc etc... for the uninitiated yellow paint is what the junk yards use to mark things they have sold........sooooooooooooo I will keep all infomed as to what I find out. If you don't feel comfortable diagnosing the srs, print out the fsm, give it to your competent wrench and let him do it.....guess I will be having some fun tomorrow.... lets see, CEL, Airbag, and ABS...oh yeah the rear light sensor is set also....btw the car drives really nice..... but I want to get the faults cleared before I give it my GF to drive.....

Capn