New Gs Owner

Hi guy

I am new to this forum and will be a proud owner of a 2003 lexus gs300 tomorrow! I just have a couple questions.

I live in Boston, MA and we have a couple of big snow storms every season. Do you think i should get snow tires? if so what kinds? Will there be a dramatic difference? and also how many miles should i expect from a full tank of gas? Is there any upgrades I could do to improve mgp and performance? I really want to stay away from anything loud(exhaust) maybe a quiet intake if it exists.

thanks for info

Welcome, you have great taste! Snow tires or good all season tires will make a big difference in the snow. I like Yokohama, but you can peruse TireRack and get ratings on all such things. I typically get around 18 around town and 25 highway. The fuel tank is listed for 19.8 gallons. You may be able to improve mpg with an air intake coupled with less restrictive exhaust. If you do one or the other, you may defeat the purpose of improving airflow. I believe one must be done with the other to improve mpg. Tanabe claims quiet exhaust, but some say it is loud if you're in a professional businessy type situation. Good Luck!