New Tires / Wheels

byacs

I'm looking to get new tires. I'm happy with my stock chrome lexus wheels.

I'm wondering if anyone has done the math and knows how large (width) of a tire i can go with.

I'm not looking to pimp it out...i'm not a huge fan of that look...i like WIDE tires though.

I'm assuming i'd have to buy wider wheels to accommodate wider tires...etc.

I like low profile tires...but I'm really not looking to draw a bunch of attention...like i said...i just want to upgrade the tires/width..and keep the subtle bling level i have now.

I'm really wondering if its possible to go wider with these same stock rims i guess. I was able to do this long ago with an older car.

Just looking for any insight from someone other than a salesman at Discount Tire. If anyone has pics of their rims/tires that aren't stock etc.

post-79498-1224708205_thumb.jpg

We're rollin' on 225/45/18's with no rubbing and no other problems what so ever. The car is beautifuly smooth and solid on all surfaces. Can't complain.

Best bet would be to go to www.tirerack.com and play around with their plus-size matching software. They'll match all the different configurations of wheels and tires that fit your particular vehicle, that way you can see what the range is. They also have a fairly good interactive 'virtual car' where you can put on the different wheels styles and sizes to see how they look. It's a nice tool.

post-34901-1224710870_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. The car looks great Blk on Blk...thats a good reference for me. Thx!

Stevie, The current tires i have are yoko's 205/65 r15.

I don't know about the rims...assuming the tire size gives a good enough idea?

My business partner just put some new rims/tires on his x5....wonder if his old stock bmw tires/rims would fly for me? hehe