Help Please! Rear Strut/shock/coil?

mdugan322

Hi, Great site for resources but i was unable to find any info on my problem. Just went to a friends house parked and began admiring the beauty of such a great car, when i noticed the rear passanger wheel looked dangerously close to the wheel well. Checked the driver side and noticed i had a good 4-5 inches between the 20's and the actual wheel well. Went back to the passanger side and barely had an inch. Im assuming that its the shock/strut but since im not as automotively inclined as most of you here, im hoping that someone could clear up the confusion. I also looked at an access point to the rear strut and again am assuming that the rear dash and backseat need to be removed to have the work done. Has anyone done this themselves andd what kind of problems should i expect? thank you for your time and greatly appreciate your responses.

first of all the struts do not control the ride height, ur coil springs do, now if u have a broken mount then of course that will have an adverse effect, but u would hear a clanking noise coming from the rear

push down on the rear bumper a few times and see what happens, im not sure if the trailing arms would have any effect on this either, i would def take it to a suspension shop asap