Install Sirius Radio

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, there.

I have 2008 GS350 with Nav, without Mark Levinson system and I am trying to install Sirius radio on my car.

Is anybody have a instruction or suggestion? My Dealer try to charge me $800 and I think this is not right.

Well I just purchased a GS350 used. The dealer full cost of the XM upgrade to the radio was $790. I neogotiated it into the deal and they told me that their cost for Lexus to install was around $580. Still did not matter to me that was part and partial to the negotiation. I saw on line that the modules were going for around $295 and you install. So all in all it all seems in line to me. I doubt the install would be that hard, but HEY I did not have to try as I got it already..

• 2 weeks later...
The dealer installed mine and it sux! Very bad signal. Now they tell me that all Sirius has poor signal.

Weird I got the XM installed and the signal been fine, as good as my previously factory installed XM on my Audi... Now I don't really like the presents the way they work. When you 70 music stations and 18 presents you should be able to cycle through them all by just pressing the steering wheel button and not have to jump from SAT1 to SAT2 via the radio. Yes you can press the mode but then you have to cycle through AM, CD, FM1..etc to get back..

I believe that the unit is installed in the trunk so perhaps pull up the trunk floor and look at the antenna connection make sure its not loose.

Mine has done a crazy thing only twice. It will for no reason loose the audio and as it does it will fade out slowly then nothing. Turning off the car and turning it back on will get it back, of course you can't do that while driving 55 on the highway... It is almost like there is an optical connection to the radio that gets pinched and when the head unit senses no audio is shuts off the input for SAT. Then when you cycle the car on off it reboots and all is fine..

Mine has done a crazy thing only twice. It will for no reason loose the audio and as it does it will fade out slowly then nothing. Turning off the car and turning it back on will get it back, of course you can't do that while driving 55 on the highway... It is almost like there is an optical connection to the radio that gets pinched and when the head unit senses no audio is shuts off the input for SAT. Then when you cycle the car on off it reboots and all is fine..

Mine has done this exact same thing, numerous times. I know that the radio is still connected to XM because the song and artist information still appears in the display, and switches as the song switches. So...it is not a signal strength thing. I meant to ask them about it the last time I was in, but I forgot.

--Duckman

Mine has done this exact same thing, numerous times. I know that the radio is still connected to XM because the song and artist information still appears in the display, and switches as the song switches. So...it is not a signal strength thing. I meant to ask them about it the last time I was in, but I forgot.

--Duckman

Well at least I am not alone... let me know what you find out... Mine does tha exact same thing too... Strange.