New Owner And A Few Issues

bt3100

What a GREAT resource this board is!!!

In 1994 I was 20 years old and lusted over the LS400...

I only had $40 in the bank so no LS for me :rolleyes:

Well 14 years later and hard work, better income etc I have had a few nice cars including a Mercedes ML320's a VW Toureag and several company cars, but never lost the passion for the LS series.

Just got a new job without a company car, but much better income, quality of life etc.

So I needed a new car, looked at the 09' models, way too much IMHO...

Searched for a 94' LS400 and found one on Ebay less than 14 miles from my home!!!

Great car owned by one person since new, timing belt done at 80K, car has 130K looks new.

There are a few issues and I am wondering if they are related.

1) Power Mirrors work at times, other times they do not.

2) AM radio has static until I open the trunk then it goes away and is fine till I restart then more static :(

3) Heated seat lights illuminate but the heaters do not work.

4) Keyless entry does not work, batteries are good.

5) Fuel gauge works when it wants to ( I think this is an isolated issue not related to the above) may just be the dreaded gauge issue..

There was a Clifford Alarm installed that did not work well, remotes were fried etc.

I removed the alarm very carefully insuring to not damage anything in the process.

All of the above symptoms were there before and after removal of the alarm.

I am wondering if they are in some way related.

Any help would be great.

It has a newer battery and grounds look good.

Thanks in advance for and help.

Check the wires in the trunk..you will find them on the left side bracket inside the lift arms..it will be a black roll type wire cover open it up and see if any are broken or if they are grounding out... I have never had a problem with mine but know a few that have... I am sure there will be more replies to your inquiry but might explain the trunk issue some.. sorry I cant be of more help.

Hi,

Sorry can't help with Q1,2 or 5 but Q3 seat heaters check fuse 23 ( 20 Amp) engine compartment fuse box is the last in a row of 4 fuses also the heating elements do fail but I would not have thought all 4 together.

As for Q4 there is a switch near to the ignition key lock which says remote on/off make sure it is switched to on.

Thanks Guys!!

I got the mirrors working.

I changed the batteries on the remotes and I am getting action from the locks in the rear drivers door.

Thats it :(

I am going to dig into it deeper this weekend.

The heated seat fuse looks good, I will put a meter on the connectors to see what's going on.

Appreciate your responses.

Joe