Rear In Cabin Sub Woofer

damondash

As far as I Know when i purchased my 1990 Ls 400 Basic car it had an aftermarket stereo system in the dash... i upgraded to a pioneer flip down single cd player with ipod hook up capabilities.... and there is a custom made box in the trunk with a 800 watt amp and 2 12s in the box...... i have an adapter that hoos up to the battery that will cut off my subs if the power gets too strong for the battery or alternator....

first off just checked have slight crack in subwoofer lining and middle section but still works fine....

but it seems like my inside subwoofer isnt connected cause uinless i put the base up i only hear it in the trunk..... i know all four of my speakers work.. would like to replace them soon if anyone has input its more than welcome......

still also looking for shock replacement information......

some say i have many more options cause it seems like they have been replaced already with aftermarket struts.. whats the difference between the norm and gas strut/shocks?

going to do the work with the help of a mechanic in the family already know the basics thanks to a tutorila website...

need in put

thanks

Damondash

seems to me when you installed the new radio you did an amp bypass. so that the new radio you bought was used to run the speakers. the rear subwoofer is powered by the stock amp in the car. i have my stock radio and i have a hole cut in the rear deck with a 12 in it hits really nice doesnt bounce up and down at all.

seems to me when you installed the new radio you did an amp bypass. so that the new radio you bought was used to run the speakers. the rear subwoofer is powered by the stock amp in the car. i have my stock radio and i have a hole cut in the rear deck with a 12 in it hits really nice doesnt bounce up and down at all.

what im saying is i have a aftermarket amp in the trunk powering the 2 12s in the trunk......

so is there some way i could get the stock amp to run the stock sub and interior speakers?