Hid Lights

IS300girl

Hello, I just wanted to say hi to everyone. This is my first time to the forum so if my question sounds dumb, please don't be so harsh :unsure: I've been spending quite a bit of $$ at the dealership over the past few months with repairs and I'm always feeling like I got ripped off. But to my question, I recently got one of my headlights (passenger-side) replaced but I noticed it's a different color. I called the dealership and they told me that as the HID lights age they change color. Does sound right? Now I have a tint purple (left) and yellow (right) lights.

Hello, I just wanted to say hi to everyone. This is my first time to the forum so if my question sounds dumb, please don't be so harsh :unsure: I've been spending quite a bit of $$ at the dealership over the past few months with repairs and I'm always feeling like I got ripped off. But to my question, I recently got one of my headlights (passenger-side) replaced but I noticed it's a different color. I called the dealership and they told me that as the HID lights age they change color. Does sound right? Now I have a tint purple (left) and yellow (right) lights.

That's true. The bulbs will become bluer with age. Phillips sells a bulb that's 5000K color temp that will more closely match the color of an older bulb. Since you have one new bulb already you'd probably be better off vision wise to get another new 4300K bulb and replace the old one.

That's true. The bulbs will become bluer with age. Phillips sells a bulb that's 5000K color temp that will more closely match the color of an older bulb. Since you have one new bulb already you'd probably be better off vision wise to get another new 4300K bulb and replace the old one.

Thanks, I probably will end up replacing the old one as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I also bought a IS300 from a dealership and put hella money in repairing minor things , its frustrating as well as replacing my headlight ballast because the light was flickering darker colors it fixed the problem so its probably your head light ballast or the bulb