Nav And Phone Features

jb1127

So I keep reading how you can not change the destination on the nav while driving. My question is can you use voice commands for the nav or phone while driving? Or do you have to stop the vehicle to make a phone call. I am picking up my 350 on tuesday and would rather get mad now than when I pick it up.

Thanks

So I keep reading how you can not change the destination on the nav while driving. My question is can you use voice commands for the nav or phone while driving? Or do you have to stop the vehicle to make a phone call. I am picking up my 350 on tuesday and would rather get mad now than when I pick it up.

Thanks

Its true that you cannot operate the Nav and Phone features when you are driving. However, you can use voice commands to operate them. The downside is that it doesn't always pick up the pronunciation of names of places (for the GPS), so it starts to get annoying after a while. For the phone however you can actually record the names, so it should be able to do a pretty decent match.

Here's a list of voice commands. Some work better than others, for instance, if you say "warmer," it almost never works for me. But, if you say, "78 degrees," it always works. You can say "dial by number," and it will prompt you to say the numbers and understands them very well, so it will always work. It also gets, "Nearest gas station," or "gas station," very well. So, follow this link to see all the commands you can use and try them out.

http://www.grlt.com/knowledge-base-article...6-20-78-27.html

• 2 weeks later...

You can operate the nav and phone systems when you drive without voice commands, you just have limited functinoality. For example, when you press the phone button on the steering column, the phone screen comes up, then press speed dial, from there you can press any of the 3 pages of speed dial numbers. On the nav side, when you press the destination key and the destination screen comes up, there will be about 5 quick destinations along the bottom, just press one of those, of course you have to set them up in advance when you add or edit the destinations.