I Cant Tell How Fast I Am Going..

I have a 1998 Lexus GS400 and my speedometer just stopped working.. My rpms, temp, and gas guages are still working though. I think my gs might just need some electrical work because the outside temperature always reads waaaay higher then it should be. Anyways.. I was wondering if anybody can tell me the reason for this? Should I just take my car to the dealership?? I dont have much money or time so im trying to fix this issue the cheapest way possible. Thanks in advance..

I have a 1998 Lexus GS400 and my speedometer just stopped working.. My rpms, temp, and gas guages are still working though. I think my gs might just need some electrical work because the outside temperature always reads waaaay higher then it should be. Anyways.. I was wondering if anybody can tell me the reason for this? Should I just take my car to the dealership?? I dont have much money or time so im trying to fix this issue the cheapest way possible. Thanks in advance..

Sounds like your speed sensor (maybe on transmission) maybe malfunctioned. You can replace it, or buy a cheap GPS. My Garmin Street Pilot 330c will tell me my speed on the lower left corner of the screen, if i select view map mode. It is very accurate, if you shop around you can get one for less than $200.00. Good luck.

Sounds like your speed sensor (maybe on transmission) maybe malfunctioned. You can replace it, or buy a cheap GPS. My Garmin Street Pilot 330c will tell me my speed on the lower left corner of the screen, if i select view map mode. It is very accurate, if you shop around you can get one for less than $200.00. Good luck.

y wouldnt you just fix it and buy a gps if you didnt have one? makes no sense to not have the factory speedometer working even if some crappy gps had a speed shown i still would want my oem one to work!

brian