Any 2008 Gs 460 Owner's Out There?

I just wanted to know if you've had any unusual brake noise just before coming to a complete stop and if so what has your dealer done about it. I'm bringing it in again tomorrow. If I can't get rid of this noise I will own this car for a very short period of time. Anyone else?

• 2 months later...

Yes, I have a 2008 GS460. Have not had any brake noise problems but a host of others making ownership beyond very frustrating. Bad interior pieces

Bad leather Pass seat

Bad armrest cover

Bad door sill inside

Dash rattles

Mirror motor failures- both

Tire pressure warning not working

Auto air recirc note working properly

Window clips causing rattles in top and it goes on and only 8600mi.

Have a 2005 SC430 and no real problems only a couple of minor ones.

Good luck!

I just wanted to know if you've had any unusual brake noise just before coming to a complete stop and if so what has your dealer done about it. I'm bringing it in again tomorrow. If I can't get rid of this noise I will own this car for a very short period of time. Anyone else?

I found with my gs-460 quite a brake vibration when you apply lightly on the brakes , specialy on cold and then

goes away when fully pressed . anyone else ?

Yes, I have a 2008 GS460. Have not had any brake noise problems but a host of others making ownership beyond very frustrating. Bad interior pieces

Bad leather Pass seat

Bad armrest cover

Bad door sill inside

Dash rattles

Mirror motor failures- both

Tire pressure warning not working

Auto air recirc note working properly

Window clips causing rattles in top and it goes on and only 8600mi.

Have a 2005 SC430 and no real problems only a couple of minor ones.

Good luck!

dang, :angry: sounds like the newer GS's can be just as bad as mine. I thought those kind of problems were isolated to the '06 models. if the economy didn't suck so badly, i'd seriously consider unloading mine and switching to a 3 series coupe.

• 2 months later...

I have a stange noise they are looking into now... at low speeds, when just touching the brakes, or as I come to a stop, it sounds as if there's a Pigeon under the hood - "cooing".... I also get a slight snap from the front left brake, when pushing the peddle - even if I'm already depressing the peddle, if I press down further, I get that "snap."

Very odd - I had an '06 GS as well and it never made that noise...

Lee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I have a 06 GS 430 and I have these problems with mines as well, minor, but a pain!

Bad door sill inside...

Is there any way Lexus can accept responsability and recall to fix these problems????

Used to have the problem, not any more. Changed brake pads to quiet ceramics. Bi-metals will squeak during cold seasons.

I have a 06 GS 430 and I have these problems with mines as well, minor, but a pain!

Bad door sill inside...

Is there any way Lexus can accept responsability and recall to fix these problems????

Used to have the problem, not any more. Changed brake pads to quiet ceramics. Bi-metals will squeak during cold seasons.

Interesting.... maybe I should try this out!

Any issues with dealer?