Pal To Ntsc Converter?

nc211

While on our honeymoon a couple years back, El' SmoothieDude here accidentally plug the camcorder into the laptop's power adapter, and zapped it. We were in Sydney at the time, and getting ready to head to the Zoo. So, again, El' SmoothieDude here, rushed down to the nearest electronic's store to buy a new camcorder. I bought the same kind as what I had "Had a Canon ZR200, replaced it with a MV830i". The guys said it was the exact same model, just had an Austrailian product number. BUT, after getting home and trying to make some DVD's, I quickly realized something was up, and they weren't the same. Basically, in a nut shell, I have the PAL-recording-format version. And we here in the states, and all of our equipment too, is NTSC format. So, none of our trip videos from Sydney-on are watchable, which wipes out about 70% of our trip. Plus, I've got lots of other videos too from Europe last year, and my son's arrival and past 4 months too, all in PAL format.

I'm curious if anyone knows of any software that can convert it from PAL to NTSC? I've found some stuff via yahoo searches, but I'm not so sure. Thought I would ask here if anyone's dealt with something specifc and liked it? My burner software can't do it "or I can't figure it out". It's NERO.

I'm obviously going to buy yet another camcorder, this time in NTSC format....One $400 camcorder is going to cost probably $1,800 when it's all done and said for. Geez, almost reminds me of my LS400, when one bad ball-joint cost $1,800 for all new control arms, because of my own stupidity. I swear...I shouldn't of quit drinking.

Hi,

There are many converters on Ebay which should work for you I have provided a link for the UK site but just type ntsc to pal converter into an ebay.com search and you should find what you need.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...o+pal+converter.

They basically alter the line rate from 625 (PAL) to 525 (NTSC) and the colour reference oscillator from 4.43mhz ( PAL) to 3.57mhz (NTSC)

I don't know about the US spec models but Panasonic VCRs have both PAL and NTSC playback in the UK if that helps

If you cannot get one let me know and I will send you one from the UK.