Hog Ring Pliers

romy

Does anybody know if any B&M store sells them? I tried calling Autozone, Advance. Went to sears. Nobody even knows what it is. I am putting new seats in my LS400.

Check with stores that sell fabrics and leathers or furniture repair materials. Automotive stores usually don't sell hogring pliers because almost nobody but the most adventurous will attempt auto interior repair, but many people do home furniture building and repairs. Check army surplus stores. Some Cabelas stores may have them. Also check Home Depot and other home improvement stores.

If you still can't find pliers there, look to see if there is a snap-on or matco tool distributor in your area. If they're not listed in your phone book, ask anyone in the service department of your closest auto shop or dealership if they have a phone number for their tool supplier. Those guys are usually mobile and travel from shop to shop. Last resort would be to either order them over the internet or make your own from an old set of pliers.

Check with stores that sell fabrics and leathers or furniture repair materials. Automotive stores usually don't sell hogring pliers because almost nobody but the most adventurous will attempt auto interior repair, but many people do home furniture building and repairs. Check army surplus stores. Some Cabelas stores may have them. Also check Home Depot and other home improvement stores.

If you still can't find pliers there, look to see if there is a snap-on or matco tool distributor in your area. If they're not listed in your phone book, ask anyone in the service department of your closest auto shop or dealership if they have a phone number for their tool supplier. Those guys are usually mobile and travel from shop to shop. Last resort would be to either order them over the internet or make your own from an old set of pliers.

How much do they cjarge to reupholster them? I have the seats out already. It looks like a lot of hog rings to put!!!!!!!

Does anybody know if any B&M store sells them? I tried calling Autozone, Advance. Went to sears. Nobody even knows what it is. I am putting new seats in my LS400.

Another place to get hog ring pliers is a farm or feed store. They usually sell hog rings as well if you need more.

[How much do they cjarge to reupholster them? I have the seats out already. It looks like a lot of hog rings to put!!!!!!!

As for charges to reupholster seats, you will have to call around to your local auto upholstery shops. If you already have the replacement covers, it will be much less than if they have to order the covers themselves.

I was hoping you would tackle the job and take some photos to show here, because I was considering replacing the hides on my '96 in the spring, and it would have been great to see some before and after pictures as well as "in progress" shots.