Heater Issue

plkdb

Hi, I have a 1993 SC400 that anytime I try to use the heater, it only blows cool air. Is there a heater valve somewhere that isnt opening, or is there a problem thats typical to these cars? Thanks!

The heater valve is on the passenger side of the car. Its mounted by one bolt on the firewall, I think. It has 2 vacuum lines to it. One of the Vacuum lines has a little black plastic valve in between them. Check that first. It may be clogged up. One of the ends has a bigger opening than the other. Also check for a vacuum leak, if theres a very small leak, it will not open, yet blowing cold air, and repalce with a new hose. Also check the 2 heater hoses to see if both of the lines are getting warm. If not, maybe your heater core is stopped up. Is there any amount of antifreeze in the floorbooard?

The heater valve is on the passenger side of the car. Its mounted by one bolt on the firewall, I think. It has 2 vacuum lines to it. One of the Vacuum lines has a little black plastic valve in between them. Check that first. It may be clogged up. One of the ends has a bigger opening than the other. Also check for a vacuum leak, if theres a very small leak, it will not open, yet blowing cold air, and repalce with a new hose. Also check the 2 heater hoses to see if both of the lines are getting warm. If not, maybe your heater core is stopped up. Is there any amount of antifreeze in the floorbooard?

Hi, I have an SC300 also with the same problem. Are the 2 years the same as far as the part and location of the valve with the vacuum lines?? And does anyone have the manual that shows the location and a possible picture of this heater valve?? And, If so, would it be possible to upload a copy from the manual to this site????

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE VALUABLE HELP

Going to take a look at it all tommorrow. So its the item on the pass side towards the rear with a vaccum diaphragm attached to it? I looked it it quickly tonight and saw that one of the vaccum hoses did have a crack in it, whether its bad enough to leak or not, Iam not sure. Worse case scenario, I was thinkingthat I might be able to throw a zip tie over it for a quick fix, to hold the vaccum bracket arm in.

Well let me know how it goes. You can get a whole roll of vacuum hoses from AutoZone, O'Reilys, or Advanced for nearly nothing. Make sure you take a piece of your original line in there, to assure you get the right size. I would replace all the lines while you are under there. Not too hard, just do one at a time. I hope the zip tie helps!