94' Alarm System Trouble

The1

My 94' Es' (162,000) alarm button won't work. I went to radioshack and got a new battery put in and I tried it but it still doesnt work. The driver's side door is messed up a little bit; the door closes but it doesn't lock, when i close the door the light on the cluster goes off but if I lock it and open it from the out side it will open. I don't want to install another alarm system so I am open to all suggestions.

to the left of the steering colum, on the panel there is a lock/unlock button for turning the alarm on and off. is that activated? or deactivated rather ?

hehe seems silly but I hit my friends by accident the other day while we were working on the car and we were scratching our heads for a bit afterwards ;)

hmm ok so your model is the same as mine. just the volume knob. on my friends 92 he has no volume knob but a on/off button.

I'm kinda stumped, should be working. its a factory alarm though - maybe needs a lexus doctor dealership checkup. anything factory im very hesitant to bring to reg shops (JUST to have "checked" I mean. pay the 35 bucks and have the lexus gents verify the prob you know? )

Cuz its a built in alarm I would do that. as there is really not much you can poke around to see. =/