Problem Replacing Rear Inner Bushings In Control Arm

simontaylor

Unfortunately my beautifull 1995 LS400 Mk III failed it's MOT (annual UK mechanical test) with "excessive play in inner rear bushes" on the rear wishbones (I think you call them 'control arms here in the US), on both sides.

The tester mechanic showed me, yes you can feel play in the wheel and see the rear most wishbone mounting moving when the wheel is wiggled.

Has any one replaced these bushes, I am using some ADUS 578 bushes (or bushings as they are reffered to in the USA) purchased from LDP Autoparts on ebay.com as reccomded by some US owners.

The problem seems to be that the top hats are too big and the wishbone unit is now too long to fit back into the subframe mountings.

A picture will follow tomorrow, so you can see my dylema.

Unfortunately my beautifull 1995 LS400 Mk III failed it's MOT (annual UK mechanical test) with "excessive play in inner rear bushes" on the rear wishbones (I think you call them 'control arms here in the US), on both sides.

The tester mechanic showed me, yes you can feel play in the wheel and see the rear most wishbone mounting moving when the wheel is wiggled.

Has any one replaced these bushes, I am using some ADUS 578 bushes (or bushings as they are reffered to in the USA) purchased from LDP Autoparts on ebay.com as reccomded by some US owners.

The problem seems to be that the top hats are too big and the wishbone unit is now too long to fit back into the subframe mountings.

A picture will follow tomorrow, so you can see my dylema.

Search this site for tutorials and you should fine a link to a website with the repair. I used it to do mine. The installed with a lot of elbow grease but the new parts seemed to be the right size. I hope you got the right parts!