Back-up Light Wiring For '99 Rx300

pauljcl

I have just purchased an accessory ('distance back-up sensor/beeper') that attaches to the top of the rear license plate (holder) and is connectged to/powered 'on' when the back-up light goes 'on', i.e. when one put the car into reverse. Does anyone know the best/simplest route from the rear license plate to a back-up light wire, with a minimum of dismounting to do?

The accessory seems both pretty neat and rathern inexpensive ($35), so I am curious as to the result.....

Many thanks in advance

Paul

I have just purchased an accessory ('distance back-up sensor/beeper') that attaches to the top of the rear license plate (holder) and is connectged to/powered 'on' when the back-up light goes 'on', i.e. when one put the car into reverse. Does anyone know the best/simplest route from the rear license plate to a back-up light wire, with a minimum of dismounting to do?

The accessory seems both pretty neat and rathern inexpensive ($35), so I am curious as to the result.....

Many thanks in advance

Paul

See if the last two entries in the post below has useful information.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...hl=backup+light

Many thanks in advance

Paul

See if the last two entries in the post below has useful information.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...hl=backup+light

Thank you for the ref. GDixon. I was really looking for info. as to where the wires run through, and the colour of the back-up lights' wire(s). I would prefere to dismount/remove as little as possible, and I do not know how to remove and replace the rear hatch door panel, which is probably a pre-requisite.

Paul