1992 Lexus Sc400 Fuel Filter And Fuel Pump Location?

sonnyg22

I'm trying to replace my fuel filter and fuel pump due to some starting/stalling issues I'm having with my SC400. Please refer to my previous post.

I'd like to know exactly where the fuel filter and fuel pump are located. Are they located underneath on the chassis? Secondly are they easy to replace?

Thanks

the fuel filter is just infront of the rear driver side wheel, its pretty easy to replace as long as you have the right replacement, the guy at auto zone gave me the wrong one so i ended up stripping one of the bolts and having to put the old one back on and use a vice grip on the striped bolt, and laying in the spilled fuel for an extended period of time gave me chemical burns, so make sure you dont make that mistake. the filter SHOULD BE a 5 min job.

as far as the pump i may be wrong but i think it is in the tank, if you pull the back of your trunk liner towards you it should reveal access to the tank.

good luck