Gps Mounting For Es 350

VB Spike

I recently purchased a 2007 ES 350 and would like to hear about any good GPS mounting solutions. I discovered the ProClip website and they appear to have a solution for mounting the Magellan Maestro 4250, as well as most other electronic devices, but I'm looking to see if there are any other companies that I can compare them to. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Take a look at this thread I started last year: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...amp;hl=Magellan

A Magellan GPS mounting cradle like the one on my 2200T has an AMPS hole pattern that fits directly to a common mounting bracket like the Pro.Fit swivel bracket I used. I bought an extra power cable for my Magellan and kinda hardwired it using an extension cable I bought at a discount store. The easiest way to tap into the car's accessory wiring is to use an "Add-a-circuit" (also called a "piggyback") fuse connector at the under dash fuse box - here is a photo but you can find them at many auto parts stores: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=071-580

The above thread also includes a photo of the Infinity M35 rental car we had that gave me the idea -- it had a dash mounted Hertz Neverlost GPS system mounted on a bracket. The Neverlost system is made by Magellan.

There are AMPS adapter brackets available for GPS devices (e.g. Garmin) that do not come with an AMPS compatible cradle.

post-2157-1221654109_thumb.jpg