Vsc Light On

lexrx3

I started my 2001 RX 300 AWD the other morning and after driving 1 1/2 miles the VSC light and check engine light came on. My local mechanic that does most of my work couldn't imediately find the issue. He cleared it but its back on. This will take more time to track down the cause. He says he'll probably be able to find it but it will take time. The dealer will be faster I'm sure but more costly. The car runs fine and nothing seems diferent. Can anyone tell me what may have caused it? Any help is appreciated so that we don't take all day locating the problem. 70,000 miles. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Had the same thing happen. Check the hose behind the air filter box.(that was my problem). If that IS connected, then to Auto Zone and have the codes read, then come back and post, or do a search for those codes...

Good luck and let us know how you make out. :0)

I started my 2001 RX 300 AWD the other morning and after driving 1 1/2 miles the VSC light and check engine light came on. My local mechanic that does most of my work couldn't imediately find the issue. He cleared it but its back on. This will take more time to track down the cause. He says he'll probably be able to find it but it will take time. The dealer will be faster I'm sure but more costly. The car runs fine and nothing seems diferent. Can anyone tell me what may have caused it? Any help is appreciated so that we don't take all day locating the problem. 70,000 miles. Thanks.

I have the same problem... You can check the 02 sensor

I did look for the hose that many had mentioned but everything was connected. I took it to Autozone and the code was P1135 indicating the AF Sensor. I then had it replaced for $200. The lights are off and everything is fine. Thanks for the responses!