03 Trailer Wiring

I have an 03 rx330 that was not setup with a tow package the dealer sold me parts that will not plug in to the left rear of the vehilce does any one have any ideas

Yep - you need a converter.

See this post for the part number and some other information.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry254728

The parts that I recieved was an trailer wiring kit but it does not seem to match up with the any of the plugs on the wire lomb does any one have any part numbers that will fit an 03 .My lexus of Cerritos is know boggled

Look at the link above and follow the thread. the first post gives you the part number:

If you don't have a towing package then an electrical converter is necessary - P/N 82670-48050.

This is a converter box that plugs into the loom and gives you the proper connector for the trailer hitch harness you just bought.

THe part number they sold me was called as followed ....Towing Wiring harness kit #1 08930-48010

Trailer wire 061860-0370 = does not plug in ........

Whats going on the Lexus dealer used my Vin. They told me this is what I need .....

Were am I at what do I need for an 03 rx 330 do I buy the 04 converter and the wire lomb to the hitch .....any help would be great

THe part number they sold me was called as followed ....Towing Wiring harness kit #1 08930-48010

Trailer wire 061860-0370 = does not plug in ........

Whats going on the Lexus dealer used my Vin. They told me this is what I need .....

Were am I at what do I need for an 03 rx 330 do I buy the 04 converter and the wire lomb to the hitch .....any help would be great

First, get the right part. Since your present part was from a Lexus dealer and they ran the part's application by the VIN it should be correct - but it may not be. It sounds like it is the wiring harness for a towing package equipped RX. Also, the part's box should have the word "converter" in the description somewhere and detailed instructions would likely be included to show where to plug it in. The part you were sold should not be just a wire with connector at each end. It may have a large grommet about 12 inches from one end. That wire "may" be necessary to plug into the converter when you get it but not having seen a converter I can't be sure.

Second, the converter plugs in under the cargo area. So you could follow the instructions in the first link above for disassembling the cargo area. Then drive the RX to the dealer with the cargo area taken apart and with the converter in hand and say, "Where does this plug into the harness?" A good Lexus dealer would be helpful in this situation so you may have to try a different dealership if the present dealership's service department is baffled, or worse, uncooperative.

First, in order to get the correct part and information, it would help if the vehicle information is correct. There is NO 2003 RX330. The part number you received, 08930-48010 is for a RX300. Some of the information people are providing here pertains to a RX330, different vehicle with different parts and part numbers.

First, in order to get the correct part and information, it would help if the vehicle information is correct. There is NO 2003 RX330. The part number you received, 08930-48010 is for a RX300. Some of the information people are providing here pertains to a RX330, different vehicle with different parts and part numbers.

The OP stated that the part was ordered by VIN number. That should pinpoint the year, the part, and the application. A dealer is not always right of course.