Rx 350 - Winter Tyres

So, like in topic title, winter tyres for RX 350. Any suggestion for the size of tyre, size of rims (I want to buy a brand new for winter tyres).

Of course, I don't want to put some 20'' or 22'' alloys :)

And what size of tyre I should start looking for? Any recommendation for tyre manufacturer?

First of all I hope you're kidding about 20-22" rims. Look on www.TireRack.com for the winter tires, they let you choose your car and your rim size which is really easy. You can also see what people think of certain tires and compare. Btw, are you British?(tyre vs tire)

@ IS 250 rookie

I spent some time in UK :)

Of course I'm kidding for 20-22'' rims. I said that because the RX has very unusuall size of tire ( 235/55 ) for 18''

This size is more like for 16'' or 17''. I saw www.tirerack.com

I don't think that stock Miichelin's are so good in poor weather conditions and snow. I know that RX has AWD, VSC, TC, etc.. But, I was thinking about Bridgestone Blizzak or Michelin Lattitude Alpin, X-ice...

@ IS 250 rookie

I spent some time in UK :)

Of course I'm kidding for 20-22'' rims. I said that because the RX has very unusuall size of tire ( 235/55 ) for 18''

This size is more like for 16'' or 17''. I saw www.tirerack.com

I don't think that stock Miichelin's are so good in poor weather conditions and snow. I know that RX has AWD, VSC, TC, etc.. But, I was thinking about Bridgestone Blizzak or Michelin Lattitude Alpin, X-ice...

We have a set of Xice on my daily commuter (Focus) and will be getting same for the RX. My '09 PB has 18" wheels, but I have procured a set of 17" replicas for the winter and will buy 225-65-17 (stock size) for them. Those stock Michelins were OK last year on our '08 RX, but I did slide through an intersection and scared the c**p out of myself, so this year it's winter tires for sure. Price of tires and rims is a lot less than damage from one minor accident, well worth the price in my view.

@JasDmw

I was thinking about that stock 17'' (225/65) tires. But, don't you think that 17'' are too small for this size of vehicle? I know it's cheaper but... 18'' are perfect for RX

No, 17" is the "stock" size and works fine. 18" is the upgraded rim size and winter tires in that size are more $. Narrower tires typically work better in winter anyway. The idea is to improve stopping; starting with AWD is easy, but there is that issue with physics and red lights (LOL).