Gen 2.5 Nav Unit

Lexuses71

I have a 1998 LS400 with Nav. I've been researching (or at least trying to find) info on the lifespan of these units. Because of the age of my car, I don't have an extended warranty anymore that could cover repair should it go south.

When they go blank, how an you manually control the radio, CD, etc? And are they servicble or do most owners end up having to go the dealer (OMG!) and pay for a replacement? So much is controlled by the Nav, it's the only thing I worry about in my car. Is the issue usually a fuse? Or worse?

Haven't had any issues thus far, but want to be prepared for worst case scenario. Thanks in advance for any stories you all may wish to share.

I have a 1998 LS400 with Nav. I've been researching (or at least trying to find) info on the lifespan of these units. Because of the age of my car, I don't have an extended warranty anymore that could cover repair should it go south.

When they go blank, how an you manually control the radio, CD, etc? And are they servicble or do most owners end up having to go the dealer (OMG!) and pay for a replacement? So much is controlled by the Nav, it's the only thing I worry about in my car. Is the issue usually a fuse? Or worse?

Haven't had any issues thus far, but want to be prepared for worst case scenario. Thanks in advance for any stories you all may wish to share.

Thanks, I figured that was what it would come down to because of the age of the car. I'm gonna pray it holds up for along time. Guess it's time to finally read thru that thick book that came with the car (I read the owner's manual start to finish but passed on the Nav suppliment, looked way to complicated) & see if there are any manual overrides.