2005 Ls430 Antenna Connection

davemodica

is there an antenna connection in the trunk, if so where is it located. i have the nav, is there any aux audio inputs anywhere? it appears to be a nightmare to remove the radio to look, i have a stilleto 2 i want to hook up, i need to find an antenna wire to tap into, dont want to use a dumb cassete tape adapter.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I think your 2005 is identical to my 2006 and I put in the factory XM radio kit. The antenna connection is in the trunk, the attached XM instructions will give you a clue on how to proceed. I think the actual receiver is on the low right side, with the amplifier assembly above it. Plan on a bit of time to do this and if you want to add XM or Sirius, now is the time. With luck, you might be able to do what you need when you get to the step in Figure A-3 of the XM installation.

LS430_XM_Radio_Installation.pdf

LS430_Sirius_Radio_Installation.pdf

You can do it with an FM switchbox from the Audio out jack on the stiletto and then it plugs into the back of the headunit and then the standard antenna plugs into that. I had it set up this way on my ES for a long time, works well you just have to shut the PnP Sirius unit off to use the radio. Good sound quality, but not as good as an Aux-in jack (the LS430 doesn't have one).

What I eventually upgraded to was this: http://www.vaistech.com/home.php

I got the iPod kit with the secondary AUX-in. Ran the PnP Sirius unit to the AUX-in and mounted that in the armrest and put the iPod in there too, works well and the sound quality for the Sirius is better.

Honestly, with that car I would spend the money on the OEM Lexus Sirius kit. Its about $200, if you're handy and have a good understanding of how the car comes apart and goes back together you can install it yourself. Sound quality will be much better than an FM switchbox and it'll be integrated. Only downside is you won't have a lot of the Stiletto's features...

• 3 months later...
is there an antenna connection in the trunk, if so where is it located. i have the nav, is there any aux audio inputs anywhere? it appears to be a nightmare to remove the radio to look, i have a stilleto 2 i want to hook up, i need to find an antenna wire to tap into, dont want to use a dumb cassete tape adapter.

thanks

Did you find out where the antenna connection is? I have a stilleto 2 and want to set it up same as you? Thanks! Phillip