Fuse Box

dlewis

I recently purchased a 91 LS400 and it runs great. The only thing is that all windows except the drivers side window are very slow to move up or down or doesn't move up at all (the left rear window). I wanted to check my fuses but the diagram is missing from inside the vehicle. Any suggestions on what I should do, being a new lexus owner?

I recently purchased a 91 LS400 and it runs great. The only thing is that all windows except the drivers side window are very slow to move up or down or doesn't move up at all (the left rear window). I wanted to check my fuses but the diagram is missing from inside the vehicle. Any suggestions on what I should do, being a new lexus owner?

Denver!

HTH

be_11.pdf

I don't think a fuse would make it operate slower or faster. A fuse is kind of like a switch, off or on.

I'd be more inclined to think it is the window motors themselves slowing down due to age.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have two questions related to this:

1. Is there a similar link (ie. details of fuses) for the 2002 LS430? I just bought mine and I can't see fuse details (apart from the location of the boxes) in the owners or workshop manuals.

2. My driver's window is pretty noisy (might be slow but how would I know being new - lol). Is there an easy way of lubricating it as I will need to use it a lot in my job. I looked at the workshopo manual for dismantling the door and it went on forever and involved rivets (!!?!)

Thanks!

Mike

Hi,

I have two questions related to this:

1. Is there a similar link (ie. details of fuses) for the 2002 LS430? I just bought mine and I can't see fuse details (apart from the location of the boxes) in the owners or workshop manuals.

2. My driver's window is pretty noisy (might be slow but how would I know being new - lol). Is there an easy way of lubricating it as I will need to use it a lot in my job. I looked at the workshopo manual for dismantling the door and it went on forever and involved rivets (!!?!)

Thanks!

Mike

Should be able to access the tracks by taking the panel off. Also check the voltage at the switch and motors. As for driver's window, just time it and compare it with the pass win.