Help With Negotiating Otd Price For Is250

Hello everyone. I need some help with negotiating an OTD price for an IS250. Options:

IS250, Auto trans, RWD, Premium package, Nav, 18" w/summer tires, HID, Rear Spoiler, Preferred Accessory Package w/applique.

The dealer sent me this MSRP write up:

Retail Total

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 32025.00 $ 32025.00

18" Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires Includes: 830.00

w/225/40R18 Fr+255/40R18 Rr Summer Tires ...

High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front 875.00

Lighting System ............................

Navigation System Includes: ................ 2550.00

Voice Activated DVD Navigation System w/Rear

Camera, and Bluetooth ......................

Premium Package Includes: .................. 1290.00

Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, Wood Inter

Trim, and Perforated Leather Seat Upgrade ..

Rear Lip Spoiler ........................... 355.00

Preferred Accessory Package: ............... 279.00

--------- ---------

Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6179.00 $ 6179.00

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 825.00

TDA .........................................:

Dealer Holdback .............................:

Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................:

---------

Total .......................................: $ 39029.00

The first quote the dealer sent me from her "manager" included a discount of 2700 off MSRP. This would bring the price to 36,329. This seems pretty high to me, especially considering this doesn't include fees, TT&L, etc. Everywhere I've looked / researched, the invoice price with options should come out to 33,911... or about $34k. I've found that a good bit of people have picked up an IS250 with the same specs as the one I'm looking at for around $36k OTD.

I have not responded to their first offer yet, and would like some advice on where I should start, and if I should start off with an OTD price as to avoid getting nailed with hidden fees or inflated "document" fees.

Thanks for any help!

I think that you got a such a low price for the first discount because a facelifted IS is right around the corner (some time in October.) If you don't mind having an older looking IS when the 2009 model comes out continue to bargain. We got our (soon to be delivered) IS for about $3600 off, but ours was the base model, no upgrades whatsoever.

Good luck!

I think that you got a such a low price for the first discount because a facelifted IS is right around the corner (some time in October.) If you don't mind having an older looking IS when the 2009 model comes out continue to bargain. We got our (soon to be delivered) IS for about $3600 off, but ours was the base model, no upgrades whatsoever.

Good luck!

Thanks for the response.

Anyone else out there bought a similarly equipped IS250? If so, care to share your OTD price and tips / tactics?

Good luck!

Thanks for the response.

Anyone else out there bought a similarly equipped IS250? If so, care to share your OTD price and tips / tactics?