New Key Programing

VFND

:wacko: Iv downloaded and even purchased new key programing off the forum and none of it works :angry:

anyone know of a sure thing aside from calling a witch-doctor or taking it to the stealership and buying the programing?

04 LX470

Arlington Texas

oh yeah, I already have the $300 key, so being able to program it is the way I want to go

:wacko: Iv downloaded and even purchased new key programing off the forum and none of it works :angry:

anyone know of a sure thing aside from calling a witch-doctor or taking it to the stealership and buying the programing?

04 LX470

Arlington Texas

oh yeah, I already have the $300 key, so being able to program it is the way I want to go

04 LX470

Arlington Texas

I too purchased a transponder and the instructions were difficult to follow but it did work after many times trying but I got these instructions from the forum and they work perfectly. They are for toyotas and lexus and they worked for me the first time. I will list the procedure for you and hope it works

1. Simultaniously depress and release brake and accelerator 1 time

2. Insert master key, DO NOT TURN KEY

3. Depress and release accelerator 5 times

4. Depress and release brake 6 times

5. Insert new key and depress and release accelerator 1 time

6. In 80 seconds, security light goes out. Key is programmed

7. Remove new key and depress and release brake 1 time

Now try the key for all fuctions. (door locks, engine starts, etc)

Hope this works for you. Post your results.

thanks R Holmes, will try it here in a few, any chance of "de-programing" the master cause that would really suc

Is it just me but does this all sound like witch-doctory :huh:

Will let yall know how it goes, thanks again.

thanks R Holmes, will try it here in a few, any chance of "de-programing" the master cause that would really suc

Is it just me but does this all sound like witch-doctory :huh:

Will let yall know how it goes, thanks again.

I have instructions for deleteing programmed keys from the computer but will not send unless you need it.

no joy after half a dozen attempts :censored:

the security light (red light, middle of cluster, shaped like a car w/key inside?) just flashes, never stops

thanks anyway

Go to www.toy-lex.com and try using their programming procedures for your car. I just got a new transponder and went to this site and used the programming procedure for my 2003 ES300 and it worked the first time. Maybe the procedure I sent you will only work for my year ES300. Find your car in the programming and try it.

no joy after half a dozen attempts :censored:

the security light (red light, middle of cluster, shaped like a car w/key inside?) just flashes, never stops

thanks anyway

Go to www.toy-lex.com and try using their programming procedures for your car. I just got a new transponder and went to this site and used the programming procedure for my 2003 ES300 and it worked the first time. Maybe the procedure I sent you will only work for my year ES300. Find your car in the programming and try it.

I just went to the site and looked up your car. LX470 04 Correct? It says that your key cannot be programmed. Needs to go to the dealer to have it programmed. Sorry that I couldn't help.

For 01 I have a flash memory and can program up to 10 keys. In more recent years (03?) the number of programmable keys was reduced. Typically, the dealer will erase all the old keys from the ECU then reprogram them all to a new code. They can program the ECU of newer models by connecting to TIS and update the VIN coding. This beats having to replace the ECU on older models if the master keys are lost and increases security with fewer keys accessible at any one time. It should be easy for the dealer with the flash programming, so their cost may not be as high as feared - less than 1 hour.