Replacing Cam Seals

AussiLS400

Ls400 1990 395000 km. When i replaced my timing belt this week on my LS400 i discovered oil seeping from my main seal on the harmonic balancer and both cam seals. On searching the internet there seamed to be no articles on how to replace these seals. I thought i would fill this gap. Follow the existing articles on timing belt changes (www.lexls.com or www.lextreme.com). When you are down to basics place a large blunt lever through the cam gears to hold them while you undo the bolts (extremely tight), you might need a lever on the socket wrench. You will find the gears will just come off to see the cam seals. Next using a small electrical screwdriver tap it into the old seal and it will start to come out. Pry it out being careful to not damage any facings. Lightly clean area with 1200 wet or dry sandpaper. Take new seal Part no. 90311 38036 put a small amout of locktight on the outside edge and carefully tap it in evenly. Do the same with the other seals and the jobs done. The harmonic seal no. 90311 43006. After taking out these seals i found they were rock hard so no wonder they leaked.