92 Sc400 Won't Start

I recently have been getting some bucking when driving. it felt like my car was not getting gas for a quick second and then it would run normal. So I added some injector cleaner and that seem to fix the problem. Well a couple of weeks latter the problem starts up again only before I can get more cleaner into the system the car dies in a drive thru and I haven't been able to get it to restart.

So I checked the fuel pump and it seems to be working fine. I did fine a wire that looks like it's been rubbing against the belt and was grounding out. After fixing that problem my car still won't start so I'm wondering if that wire problem burnt out a sensor it seems to run to the distributor cap housing on the driver side of the car.

I also tried doing the obd1 diagnostic but I only get the CEL on constantly no codes I tried jumping TE1 with E1 and TE2 with E1 and it's the same for both. Not being able to get the diagnostic to run has me thinking that the ecu may be damaged

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I recently have been getting some bucking when driving. it felt like my car was not getting gas for a quick second and then it would run normal. So I added some injector cleaner and that seem to fix the problem. Well a couple of weeks latter the problem starts up again only before I can get more cleaner into the system the car dies in a drive thru and I haven't been able to get it to restart.

So I checked the fuel pump and it seems to be working fine. I did fine a wire that looks like it's been rubbing against the belt and was grounding out. After fixing that problem my car still won't start so I'm wondering if that wire problem burnt out a sensor it seems to run to the distributor cap housing on the driver side of the car.

I also tried doing the obd1 diagnostic but I only get the CEL on constantly no codes I tried jumping TE1 with E1 and TE2 with E1 and it's the same for both. Not being able to get the diagnostic to run has me thinking that the ecu may be damaged

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I couldn't get my OBD I to work on the first try either. I used a fine paper clip and finally got it inserted well into each socket Te1 and E1, and I got the CEL to blink out a code. You have to stick your wire in pretty deep, about 1/4" or so to make contact in the socket. Hope it works.

thanks for the tip

after several more attempts and a better repair job on the frayed wire I am now getting the CEL for a brief second when I start the car and then nothing, but my car still won't start. I'm really trying to avoid the cost of a mechanic if at all possible but it's not looking good

I mentioned that now I'm getting no check engine light but I neglected to mention that my battery died. could that have reset the ecu error codes if so what can I do to get them back? will the come back even if the car won't start?