Tranny Filter Change?

do you guys recommend a filter change when doing a tranny flush ? the filter was change previously about two weeks before. the mechanic just drained and filled and change the filter and then i decided to have someone else do a tranny flush( he does not have the machine).

is it true that the filter could get clogged and caise a problem.

Pls let me know!

guys help me out- do i need to replace the filter- after the mechanic repl the filter and did a drain/fill i felt that i needed to do a flush but did not replace the filter again

is it true that the filter gets flush also and does not need to be replaced

or should i replace again !

let me know i need your help!

What make you think you have to change the filter when flushing the ATF? There are 3 magnets inside the transmission pan. They will collect all the shaving so you don't have to change your filter. Sorry this is not a FORD.

www.jpimportz.org

Hello,

I assume that you have a GS300 or 400 right? If so, then the only filter you have is a "screen" that can be cleaned, not replaced. The only time I would replace that screen would be if the screen is damaged or has a big hole in it.

If the transmission fluid is changed regularly, cleaning that screen should not be necessary.

Thanks,

GSEREP1

gserep1,

thx- yea it's a 1993 gs 300 -but if you look at my earlier post in this thread- i replaced the screen/filter before i did a flush - would i need to change it or clean it ? i have no ramps(or time) so i would have to get somebody to do it!

do you think it's necessary or does the flush also clean off the screen/filter?

thx