2009 Rx350 (in Phx)

Hi all,

After lurking for a while, Im taking a plunge and posting. I decided on buying a new RX350FWD (2009) and I suck at haggling. I was hoping someone could tell me what a good price would be and what they paid for their 09 RX350's. :D

I recently graduated and wanna save just about as much as i can ! Any information would be welcome.

Thanks in advance to everyone, thank you for looking

Regards

GK

Hi all,

After lurking for a while, Im taking a plunge and posting. I decided on buying a new RX350FWD (2009) and I suck at haggling. I was hoping someone could tell me what a good price would be and what they paid for their 09 RX350's. :D

I recently graduated and wanna save just about as much as i can ! Any information would be welcome.

Regards

GK

If you're in North Texas, there's a very, very good way to get a good deal with zero hassling/bargaining. We were looking for a 30K miles RX330, but when we started talking, a new '07 was very little more. Where are you? (Oops, Phoenix per the sidebar. If anyone else in North Texas needs a Lexus or any other brand but Kia, listen to WBAP 820 Saturdays 9 to 11, and sign up for his free newsletter. Worked for us and my son, and now my son is going to replace his other car the same way, coming up from Austin just because of the way you are treated and the money you save.)

Hey Cantex,

Im in PHX now and anyone know of any deal I can get here ?

Not really - this guy has a select list of dealers and specific people in each dealership whereby if you e-mail him in advance he'll set you up with that dealer person. In my case I got about $750 under invoice (although part of the deal was that the '08s were arriving) and my son got just over invoice on one of the first '08 Audi TTs on the ground last April when other dealers were asking a significant premium over list.

In your case, I'd say go to http://www.carguyshow.com/, send an e-mail and ask if any of his dealers have relationships with dealers in Arizona. (Tell him Al A. sent you.) Anybody in North Texas will be dealing with Park Place Lexus, and specific people there.

Have you tried Edmunds.com? They give the average price (with options) for vehicles in your area.

Hi all,

Regards

GK

Go to ConsumerReports.org and sign up to get one of their price quotes. You will get a printout of all dealer costs (including the holdback, which is currently $780 for the 350 RX) and you can simply take this into the dealer and start negotiating from their cost. The holdback should be deducted from the invoice cost to get true dealer cost. If you don't like the negotiating process (who does), just offer them $500 over their cost and walk if they don't give it to you. I'll bet you get a call back.

Lexus sales are down over 21% last month - they are really hurting and the new 2010 is coming out soon. Wait until the end of the month also - you should be able to get one for $500 over cost or better.