Painted My Calipers.

today i changed my rotors and pads ( front) i thought it would look good if i painted the calipers with black caliper paint. only one concern i have... i think that i accidentlly got paint on the bottom edge of the pads that slide into the tension springs that hold the pads into place.. could that present a problem with sticking of the pads from moving the forward motion towards the rotor during normal wear down as they draw closer to the rotor. do you think i have to undo the whole thing and terpentine the painted area where the bottom edge of the pad meets the spring clip retainer and lube up the area.? or is there enough hydraulic pressure to be no match for tacky paint. boy i feel stupid.

hello sean and welcome to the forum........the paint should be fine. it should rub off if its in the way after you drive it around the block assuming it isn't a lot of paint! you also might find more help if you post this in the LS section as your in the GS section! oh y the almost double post also?

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

today i changed my rotors and pads ( front) i thought it would look good if i painted the calipers with black caliper paint. only one concern i have... i think that i accidentlly got paint on the bottom edge of the pads that slide into the tension springs that hold the pads into place.. could that present a problem with sticking of the pads from moving the forward motion towards the rotor during normal wear down as they draw closer to the rotor. do you think i have to undo the whole thing and terpentine the painted area where the bottom edge of the pad meets the spring clip retainer and lube up the area.? or is there enough hydraulic pressure to be no match for tacky paint. boy i feel stupid.

shouldn't be a problem. I did mine and didn't exactly paint within the lines either and no problems.

steviej

post-688-1215660768_thumb.jpg

post-688-1215660784_thumb.jpg

steviej? do you have ebc green stuff pads on the rear? i see you and i both have been shopping at sewell......i have the same Lexus valve covers! lol

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian