Air Suspension, Brake Fluid And Coolant Question All In One! Pics

ED.

Do the second gen LS cars have an OFF switch for the air suspension? I didn't think so but wanted to be sure.

Second question. Where is the best place to get brake fluid? I read in the owners manual and here is what it said to use:

SAE J1703 or FMVSS no.116 DOT 3

Is that just basic brake fluid? How much would I need to do in order to bleed them?

I mentioned doing a bleeding on my BMW board and some of those guys there recommended one of those things (memory lapse) that pressurizes the system and lets you do it without having someone on the pedal. I love to work alone because I think better when I don't have to worry about someone watching me but they seem a bit pricey and since this is my first time doing this I figured I would do it the long way which is tried and tested before moving on to one of my BMWs sometime in the future.

I may also do a coolant drain when I am there too. I did it many years ago when I was young and dumb and did not drain the fluid from the two drains on the engine block so a lot of old stuff is still in there. I would like to do a flush but time may not permit since this may be a Sunday job only I fear. New front pads and bleeding will take me about five hours to do with breaks and anything else that comes up. I reckon a coolant drain would take about two. I need to get clear tubing as well as some Toyota antifreeze and a new gasket for this guy here:

DSC00539.jpg

As well as an OEM one for the engine oil drain plug.

DSC00540.jpg

Gonna go out and fill that with distilled water and check the air filter while I am there. Will probably order a new one tomorrow along with new front pads.