Xm Radio

i guess this has been asked before but i have looked and can not find an answer

i got IS250 premium pkg w/ navi and i do have the shark fin antenna

however i would like to know if I can ad XM to my existing radio and I am not asking for the little radios u ad on your windshield or next to your radio. am asking if there is a place where i can buy the original lexus tuner an ad xm myself.

any info will be greatly appreciated

i guess this has been asked before but i have looked and can not find an answer

i got IS250 premium pkg w/ navi and i do have the shark fin antenna

however i would like to know if I can ad XM to my existing radio and I am not asking for the little radios u ad on your windshield or next to your radio. am asking if there is a place where i can buy the original lexus tuner an ad xm myself.

any info will be greatly appreciated

Yup, and pretty easily.... all the work is done in the trunk and it's plug and play... (BTW, all 2ISes 2007 and newer have the shark fin)

Directions here-

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297124

Those with an 06 (no sharkfin) will find directions for them in post #99 in the thread (they are largely the same except for needing to add a separate antenna

I paid the dealer $523 installed. Free wash and vac, free loaner. No fuss, no cuss. 3 months free XM. Did I over pay?

Well...the parts are under $300 and it'll take about an hour to install... it's all plug in stuff just pop a few trunk panels off then back on and such... everyone gets 3 free months as a trial regardless of how the unit gets in the car... so it's up to you if the extra couple of hundred was worth an hour or so of your time... (plus the wash and vac :P)

I paid the dealer $523 installed. Free wash and vac, free loaner. No fuss, no cuss. 3 months free XM. Did I over pay?

Well...the parts are under $300 and it'll take about an hour to install... it's all plug in stuff just pop a few trunk panels off then back on and such... everyone gets 3 free months as a trial regardless of how the unit gets in the car... so it's up to you if the extra couple of hundred was worth an hour or so of your time... (plus the wash and vac :P)

Most expensive wash n vac I ever had. Then again, I did not break anything. :D

• 2 weeks later...