02 Es300 E/t Mode

Per the instruction manual, the E/T is supposed to restart at 0:00 every time that the car starts, or when you manually hit "reset". Mine however, only restarts when i manually hit "reset". This is less useful as i need to reset it every time i start if i want to see how long my commute is taking. Is there a way to have it restart at 0:00 every time i start the car?

Thank you.

Mine has never reset every time you restart the car. Are you sure the manual says that? All the Lexus vehicles I've driven have an E/T readout that doesn't reset when you restart the car...

Don't be that way, this is a new member looking to us to answer a legitimate question. Save the sarcasm.

Haha, I know, I know. It just seems very minor. If I had a legit answer, I'd gladly contribute. I'll shutup now.

:lol:

ekarof, I just noticed this too after reading your post. It is supposed to restart at 0:00--but it doesn't on my car either.

This is straight from the manual:

Driving time

(“E/T”)

The elapsed time after the engine starts is displayed.

When the engine is started, driving time is counted from 0:00.

Up to 99:59 (99 hours, 59 minutes) can be displayed. When

the driving time exceeds 99:59, the counter returns to 0:00.

To reset the calculations, push the “RESET” button.

I think you're confused by the language. It doesn't say it restartes when the engine is started, it says that it starts counting from when the engine is started, as in it doesn't count when the engine is off.

Its poorly written, but obviously it doesn't restart when the car is shut off.