Cd Changer - Stuck

Csosz74

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and proud owner of a 90' LS400 with 237k.

The cd cartridge used to stuck in the changer in the trunk, but after a few days it always 'healed', and I could listen to one cd again. Then, when I wanted to change to the next cd, I got the error message, but as I mentioned, after a few days 'relax', it was ok again.

Not for over a month. Absolutely no luck, I can't even get the cartridge out. I even tried to disconnect the battery for a while, but nothing happened, even though

it worked once.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

A

The cartridge is most likely not seated properly. Try pushing it in and listen for a click. Then try ejecting it. Check that your cd's are seated in each sleeve and are facing the right way. Also make sure they're clean with no film, hair or other debris sitting ontop of them.

With all the miles and years on your LS, I'll bet the changer is filled with junk and dust and such. Happened to my '94 LS. So go buy a cd cleaner that cleans the laser reader. Costs only about 10 bucks. I bought a Memorex one on Amazon. Some chickie guides you through the cleaning on your radio, and it worked perfectly for me. Best of luck....