Starter Sc400 1995

gutta

I just brought a 1995 sc400 from a private owner. Now I am having problems with the car cranking. I think it is the starter but I don't know where it is located, changes are its going to be very expensive to get fix, but I would rather for me to fix it now instead of it getting worst. It will take a jump off so it's not the battery....Can anyone give me more info about this.

Best way to troubleshoot this problem is:

attempt to start your car. If it clicks but won't turn over, clean your battery terminals with battery cleaner. It's not a bad think to have it tested as well. Walmart, pepboys, they use testing kits, and chances are they'll want to test it before they replace it.

In order to start the car, just keep on trying to turn it over, rapidly; it will turn over once. If it does, then it's a bad starter, otherwise it;s you battery.

I just brought a 1995 sc400 from a private owner. Now I am having problems with the car cranking. I think it is the starter but I don't know where it is located, changes are its going to be very expensive to get fix, but I would rather for me to fix it now instead of it getting worst. It will take a jump off so it's not the battery....Can anyone give me more info about this.

Not sure what you're saying?

It will take a jump off so it's not the battery....
Do you mean that when you get a boost you have no problems starting. If that's the case then your starter is not the problem.

I am having problems with the car cranking
Do you mean that you get weak cranking when you try starting without a boost? If that's the case, then your battery/charging system is suspect.