Wiper Sweep Issue 02' Es300

Hi All,

I just got a used 02 es300 and love it. however, one thing that is driving me crazy is the sweep of my windshield wipers. The sweep range leaves a distance of about 8 inches from the drivers side pillar. if i adjust the arm angle at the attachment nut i can get closer to the pillar at sweep. but the arms rest higher on the windshield at the resting position. this goes for both wipers(both have the correct size blades installed)

is this a linkage issue? is there an (easy) adjustment.

many thanks in advance,

Chris

Hi All,

I just got a used 02 es300 and love it. however, one thing that is driving me crazy is the sweep of my windshield wipers. The sweep range leaves a distance of about 8 inches from the drivers side pillar. if i adjust the arm angle at the attachment nut i can get closer to the pillar at sweep. but the arms rest higher on the windshield at the resting position. this goes for both wipers(both have the correct size blades installed)

is this a linkage issue? is there an (easy) adjustment.

many thanks in advance,

Chris

never mind.. i had to push DOWN the passenger side wiper arm to reset the 2 stage wiper transmission. and then adjust the arms accordingly

never mind.. i had to push DOWN the passenger side wiper arm to reset the 2 stage wiper transmission. and then adjust the arms accordingly

that "2 stages" you found are the winter and summer wiper positions. it explains in the owners manual.

However, whichever postion it is in, the wiper should still come close to the driver's pillar.

steviej