Speedometer Swap

Dear everyone, today all the needles on the speedometer on my 92 ES has burn out. I would like to ask is it possible for me to swap a LHD ES speedometer to my RHD ES? As Lexus parts are much more common in US (LHD country) rather than in UK (RHD country), if possible, I would buy a complete new speedometer from US rather than paying $1000 to let a UK dealer to get it done. :D

This is a pretty common problem. Lexucan has come up with a very cool solution if you want to explore that. Here's the link to his fix: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217411

Or you can just swap needles off any other comparable ES300 gauge cluster (it's in the needle that burns out). They just pop off (you need to pull firm and straight away from the gauge face) once you open the cluster.

Lastly, you could buy a replacement gauge cluster, and I believe the cluster itself is the same between RHD and LHD, just the bezels are a bit different in shape, but that's a separate piece. The only problem is, any other old gauge set you find that will fit your vehicle will most likely have the same burnt out needles that you have, for it's a very common problem (why they couldn't just put in normal waterfall needles I will never know).

There are places on line who just repair needles, but they are expensive. Lexucan's fix was the cleanest and most cost effective repair I've seen. You only get the tips of the needles illuminating, but you can expand on his design and add more LED's to get more length if you want to be creative. It's better than shelling out $1K or having no illumination.