2000 Rx 300 Engine Same As Es300, Camry, Avalon?

Wil_Atl

For those who know...

I have a 2000 Rx300 2WD with 147K miles. Car runs fine except the following problem.

CEL is on (P1351). Had an oil pressure light last week. Took it to a shop, they dropped the oil pan and there was a fair amount of metal debris in the pan. CEL came on after this oil pan/screen cleaning service.

I'm told the engine is shot and there isn't enough oil pressure to run the VVT system.

So I need a new engine.

Question is, is the '00 to '03 RX300 engine the same as the Es300, Camry Avalon for similar years?

There should be an engine code sticker under the hood that will tell you which engine you have. Then find a wrecked one that was hit in the rear and all should bolt right up.

For those who know...

I have a 2000 Rx300 2WD with 147K miles. Car runs fine except the following problem.

CEL is on (P1351). Had an oil pressure light last week. Took it to a shop, they dropped the oil pan and there was a fair amount of metal debris in the pan. CEL came on after this oil pan/screen cleaning service.

I'm told the engine is shot and there isn't enough oil pressure to run the VVT system.

So I need a new engine.

Question is, is the '00 to '03 RX300 engine the same as the Es300, Camry Avalon for similar years?

With gas at $4.00 and raising rapidly should the engine fail in my '01 AWD RX300 I would most likely look for a late model HL I4 engine to install, and then maybe even convert that I4 to Atkinson, or even Miller, cycle.