Ok Guys I Need Some Help!

jcrome04

So in my never ending bulb quest for my climate and stereo units I pulled everything apart, and got myself into a little predicament....

When I was taking apart the climate unit I don't know what happened, but unfortunately there is now an "ink blot" on my LCD screen. . .

MY question is. Does anyone have a used 2nd gen climate unit I might be able to purchase? What is the part # for the climate unit? What is the price of these through the dealer? Couple hundred bucks?? Does Jim Walker also repair LCD's for 2nd gens? Since this may be a cheaper route...

And a couple bulbs in my stereo unit are burnt out, and as I've found out they are not replaceable. (LED's soldered directly to circuit board) Does anyone have a used 2nd gen stereo head unit I might be able to purchase?? I want to stay stock and want all the lights working..I've also noticed a couple LCD bars starting to burn out on the screen. Or once again how much would this be through the dealership? What is the part number?

I thank you all in advance.. I'd really like to get this all fixed up ASAP.

So in my never ending bulb quest for my climate and stereo units I pulled everything apart, and got myself into a little predicament....

When I was taking apart the climate unit I don't know what happened, but unfortunately there is now an "ink blot" on my LCD screen. . .

MY question is. Does anyone have a used 2nd gen climate unit I might be able to purchase? What is the part # for the climate unit? What is the price of these through the dealer? Couple hundred bucks?? Does Jim Walker also repair LCD's for 2nd gens? Since this may be a cheaper route...

And a couple bulbs in my stereo unit are burnt out, and as I've found out they are not replaceable. (LED's soldered directly to circuit board) Does anyone have a used 2nd gen stereo head unit I might be able to purchase?? I want to stay stock and want all the lights working..I've also noticed a couple LCD bars starting to burn out on the screen. Or once again how much would this be through the dealership? What is the part number?

I thank you all in advance.. I'd really like to get this all fixed up ASAP.

I had Mikado in San Francisco take care of changing my stereo LCD (4 years ago) when the segments started disappearing. They replaced all of the lights in my stereo and the LCD for $150 + shipping. I've used them, as have several people on this board and CL. I bet they'd work on the climate control too. Click the link below for the contact info. I really think these parts from the dealer would be in the thousands, not hundreds. If you are not interested in repairing, take a look at http://www.car-part.com to see what's available from junkyards all over the country. There's ebay too. I don't think you want to get this from the dealer (Nak is even more $$)... http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=2 What a joke! :lol:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&p=45268

Thanks a lot. Yeah I wasn't sure if they were exclusive to only first gen or not. I'm definately going to look into Mikado I've heard a LOT of good things about them.

Is the vehicle still driveable without the climate and headunits in?? Will it screw anything up with the ECU to run it without them connected?

Lexus of Seattle - Climate Unit $578.69, Stereo (Pioneer) $595.00 HA! +TAX! works out to.. $1272.28 with tax! I don't think that's happening..

I've found a couple on eBay but I just worry about them being used...what's stopping them from failing anytime soon. I'll check out Mikado and report back with my findings.

Thanks a lot Blake I owe you a beer!

:cheers: