Beeping Sound On Rx400h

I placed a dual band antenna on the back lip mount (under the rear window on the back door hatch). I am temporarily using an HT connected to that antenna (until I connect the 50 watt dual band radio). I receive no electrical interference when using the power socket as a 12 violt source to a 12v adapter battery. However when I transmit (2 meters) I get 8 beeps whether the car is turned on or off (using a battery powered HT when the car power was off). There appears to be two round rubber pieces on each side of the window on the rear hatch. When placing an HT antenna near those pieces, and transmitting I also get the 8 beeps. Even if I tranmit for a minute straight, I only get the 8 beeps at the start of each transmission. Those devices have nothing to do with the automatic reverse of the rear door, does anyone know what they are? Could it be receivers/sensors for the low tire indicators? This is the 2008 model.

• 3 months later...