Replace Bulbs For License Place Area

1. What value bulbs do I need for the license plate area for a 95 ES300?

2. How are they replaced? Will I need to access the bulbs through the trunk area?

Click HERE

As Lexus2D stated, you can replace the licence plate bulbs with LEDs if you wish. They last many times longer than incandescent bulbs, and look cooler too. Check out this site for LED alternatives www.superbrightleds.com

I bought "cool white" LEDs from them to replace the burnt out front door courtesy lights, the interior trunk light, the licence plate lights, and the 8 instrument cluster backlighting bulbs.

• 1 month later...
1. What value bulbs do I need for the license plate area for a 95 ES300?

2. How are they replaced? Will I need to access the bulbs through the trunk area?

Click HERE

As Lexus2D stated, you can replace the licence plate bulbs with LEDs if you wish. They last many times longer than incandescent bulbs, and look cooler too. Check out this site for LED alternatives www.superbrightleds.com

I bought "cool white" LEDs from them to replace the burnt out front door courtesy lights, the interior trunk light, the licence plate lights, and the 8 instrument cluster backlighting bulbs.

The bulbs are accessed through the underside of the trunk lid. It is a bear to do and took me 1 hour start to finish. Hardest part was pulling the plastic plugs to remove the underside insullation.

Good luck

The bulbs are accessed through the underside of the trunk lid. It is a bear to do and took me 1 hour start to finish. Hardest part was pulling the plastic plugs to remove the underside insullation.

Not on the 2nd generation ('92-'96) ES300. The licence plate bulbs are accessed by removing the whole taillight assemblies.