Transferring Cellphone Numbers To Car's Address Book

dwa1950

I've tried several times to transfer my cellphone's numbers to my ES350's address book. Followed the instructions, and every time it gets to the transferring data page it just stops. I drove around for about an hour waiting for it to complete, and it never did (what a waste of gas). Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Samsung SCH-U700 cell phone.

Go to the official Lexus.com site and look in the Bluetooth features section for the ES. Somewhere in there is a listing of compatible cell phones and the features that are supported. I have a Verizon phone and it does not support the transfer of numbers from the phone to the car, so I have to enter all of them again manually. Your phone may have the same limitation.

link to lexus bluetooth

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/accessories/bluetooth.htmlone is supported but not for transfer of contact ino etc.

I find using phone to initiate dialing easier anyway especially with complex Audio Conferencing #'s that require pauses hard stops codes etc. My top 5 I manually programmed in.

cheers

I've tried several times to transfer my cellphone's numbers to my ES350's address book. Followed the instructions, and every time it gets to the transferring data page it just stops. I drove around for about an hour waiting for it to complete, and it never did (what a waste of gas). Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Samsung SCH-U700 cell phone.

Go to the official Lexus.com site and look in the Bluetooth features section for the ES. Somewhere in there is a listing of compatible cell phones and the features that are supported. I have a Verizon phone and it does not support the transfer of numbers from the phone to the car, so I have to enter all of them again manually. Your phone may have the same limitation.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Next Day - Ok, I looked up the list of compatible phones and mine is on it, obviously, since I've been using the phone hands-free, and it also says

"Transfer multiple phonebook entries to the handsfree system at once - Yes" so I should be able to do it. But I can't. What might the next step be? Thanks again.

Just as a point of reference, I have a Blackberry 8830 and all the address book transferred the first time with no problems. It may be the phone and the compatibility as rjt mentioned.

Didn't work, my phone's on the list and it says it is capable of doing the multiple number transfer, but it doesn't do it.

If Verizon is your carrier then you will not be able to transfer your phonebook.

If Verizon is your carrier then you will not be able to transfer your phonebook.

Just a note, I have Verizon and mine worked....I have a Blackberry though and it is not the Verizon phonebook/database...it is on my blackberry. You may be referring to the Verizon data...not sure.

Sorry dwa...I hope you get it worked out because it is great to have the phonebook transferred....or else you will have to add the frequently added ones into your car....argh!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I got same probplem when I was trying to do it by Manual. Was waiting about 1 hour. Nothing. In manual is MISSING 1 step. When you'll push transfer button and will get screen with confirmation >> transfer in process - then just please pay attantion on next message below >> do not remember exactly but something like PLEASE submit your adress book information. When you'll get this screen >> take your phone , open bluetooth options and you'll find something like >> SEND CONTACTS

Do it. I transfer my book with around 100 phones in 15 seconds. After I sent it from phone in 15 seconds I got confirmation - transfer complete. I was test it and it working perf. Just 1 thing . In the cars book you can't store more then 2 phone for same person so if you have more - then extra record will be created. For ex. if you have 3 phones it'll be record 1 with tel1 and tel2 and record 2 with tel 3.

Hope it'll be helpfull

• 1 month later...