Listening To Dvd Videos While Driving?

I know you cant watch dvds without the hack but has anyone tried playing music dvds while driving... do you know if you can listen to the music without seeing the picture or will it not play at all? still waiting for my car to come in thats why i havent checked myself.. just curious cause i was hoping to be be able to listen to the better quality sound of a dvd

I know you cant watch dvds without the hack but has anyone tried playing music dvds while driving... do you know if you can listen to the music without seeing the picture or will it not play at all? still waiting for my car to come in thats why i havent checked myself.. just curious cause i was hoping to be be able to listen to the better quality sound of a dvd

What would one need to do to hack the system in order to watch DVDs on road trips?

• 3 weeks later...

What would one need to do to hack the system in order to watch DVDs on road trips?

Is there a section on hacks that I'm not aware of? I'm about to drive to the inlaws and was hoping my nav could enable us to watch movies.

Yes, you can listen to DVD's while driving. What you have to do is to start the DVD while you are parked. The DVD controls are touch-screen based. Once you get the DVD playing, you can start driving -- the screen will go blank, but you can still listen to the DVDs (which is pretty cool given the amazing surround-sound capabilities of the ML system.

I believe you can skip back and forth between chapters with the steering wheel buttons (can't remember for sure; I did the wire-cutting-splicing hack so I can control the DVDs with the screen while in motion).